- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups meat sauce and half of the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for One Skillet Lasagna
"I was amazed at how quick and easy it was to make plus not having to use the oven! My only comment is I will use less sauce so it will be more firm when serving. Definitely will be making this again."
"Yummy! Picky eaters will go for this one! Campbell's makes cream of onion soup. Looking at all of their soups, it can be easy to miss because there are so many....but it's there if you keep looking for it! They're the only one that makes it. I've never seen a "store brand" or any other brand of cream of onion. It has more flavor depth than cream of mushroom, so it's worth the search!"
"Loved this for a quick and easy weeknight meal. I used a pound of hamburger and French onion soup. This was my first time using no cook noodles and I loved them. Hubby makes traditional lasagna for us and wants to try them next time too."
"This wasn't at all bad for a skillet lasagna, the ease of it pushed it up to 5 stars. I couldn't find cream of onion soup so I used cream of mushroom, which worked perfectly. I did double the extra lean ground beef and amount of garlic also. I only had 23 oz jars of spaghetti sauce so I used one of those and it came out fine. I don't use low fat dairy of any kind so it was all full fat and delicious. I did double the amount of mozzarella and added 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Along with a salad and garlic bread this made enough for the 2 of us for 2 nights and the leftovers tasted even better. The next time I'm going to add a layer of sliced squash or spinach."
"You can find cream of onion soup at Wal mart but you have to really scan the shelves for it. I live in Idaho."
"I wanted Lasgna but didn't want to heat up the oven. I thought this was really good I made it as directed except I used French onion soup I couldn't find cream of onion.I cooked it a little longer about 30 min. I definitely will make again."
"Made this for dinner this evening and my family loved it! More than any other they've had. Next time I'd let it sit a little longer and reduce the liquid to make it a little more solid."
"This recipe has changed my life! It has all of the taste and look of homemade lasagna but done in a fraction of the time. I may never make the hard labor lasagna ever again!"
"This recipe sounded really good but I would need to rework it to reduce the sodium"