- 1-1/2 slices white or whole wheat bread, buttered
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut bread into strips; place with buttered sides down along the sides and on the bottom of 10-oz. custard cup. In a bowl, lightly beat the egg; add milk, cheese, onion salt, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into custard cup. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as One-Serving Cheese Puff in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p22
Reviews for One-Serving Cheese Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2012
Easy. Cheesy. Enough said.
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2009
Have made this delicious one serving dish many times.....this morning...added dry onions ,sprinkle of chives...very tasty....you will enjoy it....
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >