With its thick chili-like consistency and plenty of stuffed-pepper flavor, this dish will warm you up on chilly days. "It's filling and easy to make," writes Charlotte Smith of McDonald, Pennsylvania.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 8 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add green pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Stir in the diced tomatoes, water, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as One-Pot Stuffed Pepper Dinner in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p7
Reviews for One-Pot Stuffed Pepper Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review