Mamma mia! What’s your secret? A homemade sauce and a one-pot cooking method are the makings of a new family favorite. —Carol Benzel-Schmidt, Stanwood, Washington
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Fresh mozzarella cheese pearls or shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti. Simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as One-Pot Spaghetti Dinner in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for One-Pot Spaghetti Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review