One-Pot Pork and Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Remove chops from pan and keep warm. Layer rice, onion and green pepper in Dutch oven; top with pork chops.
- 2. Combine the gravy mix, tomatoes and water; pour over chops. Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for One-Pot Pork and Rice
"I liked this!!! I seasoned the chops with garlic and herbs before Browning. I seasoned the rice with a little sAlt and pepper. It did seem to have a lot of tomatoes though."
"I added 1 can, 14.5 oz, small diced and 1 can, 14.5 oz, stew tomatoes and it turned out flavorfull. The stew tomatoes had herbs. My wife said she wants me to make that dish anytime I want. She took the left overs to work for lunch. I cooked the chops in the dutch oven and bowned the rice on the chops drippings. I then transferred everything to a baking dish and baked it in the dish instead of the dutch oven it came out very moist. Next time I want to try my cast iron large skillet to bake it"
"This is a really simply recipe thats good for a week night dinner but the flavor is nothing special."
"Great concept but needs a little help. 1 hour was way too long for the pork chops - they were dry as a bone. Both rice and chops need a lot more seasoning. But with some adjustments, this could be a winner. Will try again."
"My family loved it. I did have to bake it a little longer for the rice to be done."
"I accidentally bought a can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced, but it came out fine. I also used chicken broth instead of the water for more flavor."
"I thought this recipe was good and it was very easy. The rice was delicious. My husband really enjoyed it too. I would make this again. I would maybe recommend adding some salt and pepper to the chops though."