One-Pot Pork and Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Remove chops from pan and keep warm. Layer rice, onion and green pepper in Dutch oven; top with pork chops.
- 2. Combine the gravy mix, tomatoes and water; pour over chops. Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1/2 cup rice equals 391 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.