One-Pot Pork and Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Remove chops from pan and keep warm. Layer rice, onion and green pepper in Dutch oven; top with pork chops.
- Combine the gravy mix, tomatoes and water; pour over chops. Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for One-Pot Pork and Rice(5)
Sort By :
This is a really simply recipe thats good for a week night dinner but the flavor is nothing special.
Great concept but needs a little help. 1 hour was way too long for the pork chops - they were dry as a bone. Both rice and chops need a lot more seasoning. But with some adjustments, this could be a winner. Will try again.
My family loved it. I did have to bake it a little longer for the rice to be done.
I accidentally bought a can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced, but it came out fine. I also used chicken broth instead of the water for more flavor.
I thought this recipe was good and it was very easy. The rice was delicious. My husband really enjoyed it too. I would make this again. I would maybe recommend adding some salt and pepper to the chops though.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >