- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional chopped parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with garlic over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in sugar and seasonings. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and 1/4 cup parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, a little at a time; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until spaghetti is al dente, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as One-Pot Meaty Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for One-Pot Meaty Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review