I used to help my mom make this when I was growing up, and the recipe stuck. It was a beloved comfort food at college, and is now a weeknight staple for my fiance and me. —Kristin Michalenko, Seattle, Washington
Recommended: 20 Classic Comfort Food Dinners
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional chopped parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with garlic over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in sugar and seasonings. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and 1/4 cup parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, a little at a time; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until spaghetti is al dente, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as One-Pot Meaty Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for One-Pot Meaty Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2016
"Really liked this. quick and easy weeknight meal, and a nice alternative to a jar of sauce."