Looking for a speedy skillet supper? Jody Cohen of Mackeyville, Pennsylvania adds potatoes and green beans to ham steak before topping off the down-home dinner with a comforting mushroom sauce.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ham slice. Arrange potatoes over ham; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with beans and onion. Combine soup and water; pour over all.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as One-Pot Ham Dinner in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p33
Reviews for One-Pot Ham Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review