- 1/2 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- In a large saucepan or skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired, basil and pepper. Stir in the noodles, beans, tomatoes, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for One-Pot Dinner
"Great tasting and simple to make."
"This was very good! We really enjoyed it and will make it again. We substituted diced tomatoes for the stewed, and red wine vinegar for the Worcestershire sauce."
"This is very flavorful. Since there are only two of us, the "planned overs" for lunch the next day are even better than the original."
"I have made this dish several times. My family loves it especially my daughter. I found it one day when trying to find a different recipe for ground beef. It's so easy to make."