One-Pot Chuckwagon Chow Recipe
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the corn, beans, tomato sauce and seasonings; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 300 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for One-Pot Chuckwagon Chow
"I've made this MANY times using ground turkey and it is delicious!!! I use whole can kidney beans, corn, and tomato sauce. One of my favorite recipes"
"This was super fast adn easy, and very tasty. I used an entire 8oz can of tomato sauce."