- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the corn, beans, tomato sauce and seasonings; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Chow in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p51
Reviews for One-Pot Chuckwagon Chow
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2013
"I've made this MANY times using ground turkey and it is delicious!!! I use whole can kidney beans, corn, and tomato sauce. One of my favorite recipes"
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"This was super fast adn easy, and very tasty. I used an entire 8oz can of tomato sauce."