- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the corn, beans, tomato sauce and seasonings; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Chow in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p51
Reviews for One-Pot Chuckwagon Chow
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2013
I've made this MANY times using ground turkey and it is delicious!!! I use whole can kidney beans, corn, and tomato sauce. One of my favorite recipes
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
This was super fast adn easy, and very tasty. I used an entire 8oz can of tomato sauce.