One-Pot Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for One-Pot Chili(27)
Sort By :
Flavorful, without all the fat. The only thing I changed was the chili powder, I put 1 1/2 teaspoons instead of 2. Don't leave out the cilantro, it's perfect.
I made this and it's absolutely wonderful. I did use 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 ground beef. My husband loved it.
made with regular pasta and it was good, but not spicy, so take that into consideration if you like hot chili.
With the pasta added this recipe is more like an adult version of chili mac. That said, it's not bad if you aren't expecting chili. I watch my sodium, so I made it even healthier bu using cooked (not canned) pinto beans, home made low-sodium chicken broth, no salt added tomatoes. I didn't use the sour cream because somehow I just couldn't picture that, and I didn't really want a creamy taste. I also added a can of diced green chilis. I got 8 very hearty servings out of it, and with my ingredients that brought the calorie count down to 254 calories and lowered the sodium to 195 mg. Which means I can have it for lunch!!
This was a hit at my house. I added some chipotle seasoning that I had in the cupboard, but that was the only modification I made to the recipe. And I'm on Weight Watchers, so this was filling without racking up the points. (only 9 PointsPlus per serving!)
More Recipe Collections
- Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Chili Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >