- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for One-Pot Chili Mac
"Very good. I used pinto beans already in a chili flavored sauce from Whole Foods. Cut back 1tsp on chili powder. Good with beef too."
"I am not sure how this recipe was rated so highly - it was very bland...."
"We've enjoyed this many times. I actually substitute a can of black beans for the ground turkey: easier, cheaper, healthier and still delicious!"
"I CANNOT PRINT ANY OF THESE RECIPES IS SOMETHING WRONG ?????0000"
"This is so good and easy! A family favorite."