- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 large green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onion, chilies, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with stew. If desired, add hot pepper sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for One-Pot Beef & Pepper Stew
"This is a delicious recipe. I like that I had all the ingredients on hand,, it's easy to make and my hsb and I loved it. Definitely a keeper!"
"Very good and very basic. Easy to make and will definitely make this one again."
"Outstanding flavor and soooo easy!!"
"Fast easy and delicious. I added some southwestern spice yum."