I've been loving the subtle spice from curry lately, so I incorporated it into this saucy chicken and rice dish. It's a one-pan meal that's become a go-to dinnertime favorite. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, AZ
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender and lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Mix flour and seasonings; toss with chicken. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook just until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir in broth and onion; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes (mixture will be saucy). If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as One-Pan Chicken Rice Curry in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for One-Pan Chicken Rice Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2017
"very good and easy !"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2017
"Very delicious, and so quick and easy to make. Perfect weeknight meal!"