"I use this great marinade not just for beef, but for everything I grill-from pork chops to chicken," notes Sue Sauer of Deer River, Minnesota. "The marinade's main ingredient-orange juice- is both low in calories and a good tenderizer."
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as One-For-All Marinated Beef in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for One-For-All Marinated Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review