Trudie Reed of Orange, California relies on this made-in-minutes main dish quite often. "You don't even have to precook the spaghetti," she notes. "Served with a green salad and garlic bread, it makes a quick-and-easy supper."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the beef, onion and
- garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir to
- crumble meat. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, salt and oregano.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the spaghetti; toss to coat. Cover and cook on high for 9-11
- minutes, stirring twice. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.