One Dish Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
When I had to make a dinner with Mennonite theme, I came up with this meaty main dish. Most often, I serve it with salad, soup and bread. The apple juice gives the pork a wonderful flavor, and the cabbage taste isn't too strong. My husband and I have two grown children. We raise corn and soybeans and feed out cattle here, plus we also grow specialty-cut fresh flowers.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound or 1 jar (16 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 cups shredded cabbage
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper; add pork chops. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown chops in butter on both sides. Remove pork chops; set aside and keep warm.
- Stir remaining flour into pan drippings until blended. Gradually whisk in apple juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chops to pan; add the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Top with cabbage; cover and bake for 50-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally with juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as One Dish Pork Chop Dinner in Country Woman May/June 1993, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for One Dish Pork Chop Dinner(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
Definetly liked this recipe. Enough food for leftovers as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >