One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner
This recipe easily doubles and the leftovers are great. By simple reheating the brat separately and then the veggies and fruit mixture, it preserves the initial tastes. I serve this dish at least twice a month. It’s easy to prepare and there is no need for side dishes.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until
- brats are cooked and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 398 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer