One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner Recipe
This recipe easily doubles and the leftovers are great. By simple reheating the brat separately and then the veggies and fruit mixture, it preserves the initial tastes. I serve this dish at least twice a month. It’s easy to prepare and there is no need for side dishes.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- 2. Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 398 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC