One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner Recipe
- 2 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- 2. Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 398 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer