One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner Recipe
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner
Sort By :
Using Johnsonville brats, a Vidalia onion, a tart green apple, sweet potato(not a yam), and freshly pressed apple juice was the ultimate waste of good food. My wife took one bite and threw it out and all I could eat was the brat, which was too apple flavored. This is not a good recipe, period.