This recipe easily doubles and the leftovers are great. By simple reheating the brat separately and then the veggies and fruit mixture, it preserves the initial tastes. I serve this dish at least twice a month. It’s easy to prepare and there is no need for side dishes.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner in Reminisce October/November 2008, p52
Reviews for One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review