One Dish Beef Dinner
I received this recipe from my mother-in-law. My husband always raves about its fresh-tasting flavor. His only complaint is that I don't make it often enough! - Rhonda Dahncke, Rapid City, South Dakota
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from the heat. Add
- eggs; mix well. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer 1 cup
- corn and half of the meat mixture and tomato. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
To dot a casserole with butter, cut small pieces from a stick of butter and drop onto the meat and vegetable mixture.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 431 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.