One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
For dessert, this cake mixes up quickly and bakes while we enjoy our dinner. My son, David, loves to help decorate it.—Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- Frosting of your choice
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir in oil, buttermilk and
- eggs. Add water and stir until combined. Pour into a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frost. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.