One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
For dessert, this cake mixes up quickly and bakes while we enjoy our dinner. My son, David, loves to help decorate it.—Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- Frosting of your choice
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large
- bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Stir in oil, buttermilk and
- eggs. Add water; stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan
- on a wire rack. Frost cake. If desired, decorate with sprinkles.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without frosting) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium,