One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
I got this recipe from a friends many years ago, and it quickly became my children's favorite. Now, my grandchildren enjoy it. It works especially nice for making cupcakes for school lunches. Besides cooking, I enjoy sewing and writing poetry.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Frosting or confectioners' sugar
- Place all ingredients in order listed in a large bowl; beat well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a
- wire rack. Frost as desired or dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.