On-The-Go Granola Bars Recipe
“These are a favorite. They’re terrific to take to school functions because they’re so good.” The perfect snack when you just can’t stop! Suzanne McKinley - Lyons, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1-1/3 cups diced dried mixed fruit
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, preserves, brown sugar and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in granola and mixed fruit; toss to coat. Press firmly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Invert and remove waxed paper. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
1 bar equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC