“These are a favorite. They’re terrific to take to school functions because they’re so good.” The perfect snack when you just can’t stop! Suzanne McKinley - Lyons, Georgia
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1-1/3 cups diced dried mixed fruit
- Line an 8-in. square pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, preserves, brown sugar and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in granola and mixed fruit; toss to coat. Press firmly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Invert and remove waxed paper. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as On-The-Go Granola Bars in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p45
Reviews for On-The-Go Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"I used Kashi Go Lean Berry cereal - YUM!! They were a HUGE hit at the office, and I'm going to make some this weekend for the niece and nephew to send in a care package for starving college students! Follow the recipe exactly. It's perfect as-is!"