Omelet with Cheese Sauce Recipe
If you're looking to bring a little variety to breakfast, try this effortless egg dish from Joan Enerson. "The cheesy sauce is easy to make, and the green chiles really jazz up the omelet," she writes from Waupaca, Wisconsin.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook soup and cream over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper; stir in chilies. Melt butter in a 10-in. skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 2. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat. Fold omelet in half; cut into three wedges. Serve with the cheese sauce. Refrigerate any leftover sauce. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 311 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 468mg cholesterol, 1379mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Omelet with Cheese Sauce
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC