Omelet Tortilla Wrap Recipe
“Here’s a hearty, better-for-you breakfast that can be eaten right out of hand. Kids just love it.” Ingrid Parker - Hattiesburg, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:1 servings
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, ham, onion, red pepper, milk, jalapeno, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Slide omelet onto tortilla; roll up tightly. Yield: 1 serving.
1 wrap equals 322 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC