“Here’s a hearty, better-for-you breakfast that can be eaten right out of hand. Kids just love it.” Ingrid Parker - Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, ham, onion, red pepper, milk, jalapeno, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Slide omelet onto tortilla; roll up tightly. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Omelet Tortilla Wrap in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p39
Reviews for Omelet Tortilla Wrap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2014
"I also added salsa and sour cream. DELICIOUS!!"