Omelet Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 thin slices lean ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms and onion over medium heat until tender. Add egg substitute and tomato; cook and stir until set.
- 2. Place one tortilla in a large nonstick skillet; top with ham, egg mixture, cheeses and remaining tortilla. Cook over medium heat, carefully turning once, until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
2 wedges equals 423 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.