"I came up with these crispy quesadillas because my family found breakfast burritos too messy," says Terri Capps of Witchita, Kansas. "They're fast to fix, fun to eat, filling and healthy...and you can add or subtract ingredients to fit individual tastes."
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 thin slices lean ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms and onion over medium heat until tender. Add egg substitute and tomato; cook and stir until set.
- Place one tortilla in a large nonstick skillet; top with ham, egg mixture, cheeses and remaining tortilla. Cook over medium heat, carefully turning once, until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Omelet Quesadilla in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Omelet Quesadilla
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review