Omelet Panini Recipe
"When you're in a hurry to get to work, this speedy breakfast recipe does the trick. The recipe makes two crispy, flavorful sandwiches," notes Dorothy McClinton of North Chicago, Illinois.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. Spread two slices of bread with mustard. Top with Havarti cheese and prosciutto; set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion, Parmesan cheese, chives and milk. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 3. Invert omelet onto a plate; cut in half. Place over prosciutto; top with remaining bread. Lightly spread remaining butter over outsides of sandwiches.
- 4. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 1-2 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 487 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 279 mg cholesterol, 1,084 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC