Omelet Panini Recipe
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. Spread two slices of bread with mustard. Top with Havarti cheese and prosciutto; set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion, Parmesan cheese, chives and milk. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 3. Invert omelet onto a plate; cut in half. Place over prosciutto; top with remaining bread. Lightly spread remaining butter over outsides of sandwiches.
- 4. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 1-2 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 487 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 279mg cholesterol, 1084mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Omelet Panini
"I have made this many times and love it. The cheese makes it!"