Omelet Panini Recipe
"When you're in a hurry to get to work, this speedy breakfast recipe does the trick. The recipe makes two crispy, flavorful sandwiches," notes Dorothy McClinton of North Chicago, Illinois.
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- Spread two slices of bread with mustard. Top with Havarti cheese and prosciutto; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion, Parmesan cheese, chives and milk. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- Invert omelet onto a plate; cut in half. Place over prosciutto; top with remaining bread. Lightly spread remaining butter over outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 1-2 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Omelet Panini in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p31
Reviews for Omelet Panini(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
I have made this many times and love it. The cheese makes it!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Ham Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >