Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana gives a little zip to her family's breakfast omelets with a rich and satisfying sausage filling. Each tasty omelet serves two.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove mushrooms and keep warm. In the same pan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and mushrooms; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are completely set. Transfer to a serving plate. Spoon sausage mixture over one side of the omelet; fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Omelet For Two in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Omelet for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review