Bacon and eggs never tasted so good, stacked with cheese, greens, tomato and more in this grilled meal-in-one. —Edna Coburn, Tucson, Arizona
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 croissants, split
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 4 thin slices tomato
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and bouillon; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the onion, red pepper and lemon-pepper in butter until tender.
- Add egg mixture. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, fold omelet in half and cut into two wedges.
- Spread croissants with salad dressing. On croissant bottoms, layer with bacon, omelet, cheese, arugula and tomato. Replace croissant tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Omelet Croissants in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p26
Reviews for Omelet Croissants
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review