- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 croissants, split
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 4 thin slices tomato
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and bouillon; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the onion, red pepper and lemon-pepper in butter until tender.
- Add egg mixture. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, fold omelet in half and cut into two wedges.
- Spread croissants with salad dressing. On croissant bottoms, layer with bacon, omelet, cheese, arugula and tomato. Replace croissant tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Omelet Croissants
Sort By :
"Great change from the usual breakfast casserole or overnight French toast recipes when having weekend guests."
"Thank you Edna for sharing a great recipe! I will make it again as is - and make variations on the theme. Debbie - I like danzrule's comment that you should be on the Weight Watcher's site if you're going to be critical. Be aware that MODERATION is the key as well as "variety is the spice of life". Most recipes are ment to be adapted to a person's tastes and dietary requirements. This is neither unhealthy nor poor - nor is it something most of us would eat everyday!"
"My family really enjoyed this as an easy week night meal. I used frozen onions and green peppers, combined with the roasted red peppers. Just used salt/pepper for the omelet seasoning, with a little milk whisked in, and butter in the skillet. Used Miracle Whip instead of the salad dressing and fresh spinach instead of the arugula. Served with a side of fruit (we had fresh pineapple and mangos this evening). I like finding original hot sandwiches for an easy dinner idea. This allowed me to combine a dinner menu consisting of a hot sandwich concept combined with the 'breakfast for dinner' idea. It turned out great!"
"Made this this morning because I am off work today - a little too much work for a normal weekday - and it was delicious! Perfect for a weekend morning! And I agree with the majority - this is an excellent base to start from! You can make quite a few substitutions to suit your requirements. No one says you MUST follow the recipe to the letter - that's the joy of cooking! So Debbie and the rest of the food police should be quiet unless they have actually tried a recipe and found it lacking - not because in their opinion it is unhealthy. No is advocating that this be eaten every day either. Like I said this is a weekend treat!"
"this recipe sounds good, and I am a weight watcher member, Debbie don't rate it, make it healthier then decide. I agree you do sometimes have to eat outside your way of life eating (healthier)"