My husband's a busy farmer and sometimes eats his breakfast on the run. He's able to take these omelet biscuit cups with him in his truck or tractor cab.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the ham, 1/4 cup cheese and mushrooms.
- In a skillet, melt butter; add the egg mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are nearly set. Spoon into biscuit cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Omelet Biscuit Cups in Country February/March 2003, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Omelet Biscuit Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review