Olympic Rings Pizza Recipe
We celebrated our daughter's birthday (during the last Winter Games) with an Olympics theme party that could be adapted for a 2000 Summer Olympics gathering. The symbolic five rings - made from pepperoni - decorate the yummy homemade pizza. -Therese Judge, Westminster, Maryland
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1. Ina bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll the dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle; transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press dough 1/2 in. up the sides of pan. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni on top in five interlocking circles. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 273 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Olympic Rings Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC