- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 French bread baguette, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Olive Zucchini Spread
Sort By :
"It only says 8 cloves of garlic in this recipe, not 18, but I am going to use 4.and grate them finely. It sounds yummy!"
"I substitute 2 cans Cannelinii beans for the cream cheese. I pureed the beans in a food processor using a bit of the liquid from the veggie mixture and a splash of extra olive oil for richness . This variation made it this a non-dairy, gluten -free, vegan and delicious."
"Made it a few times, always turned out great,I only used 1 pkg, of cheese & 1 cup zucchini, the rest the same, except 4 cloves of garlic.I even loved the leftovers, great on bread!"
"Fantastic! I love Garlic but if you are serving this to a large group of people 4 cloves may be a better amount."
"I like zuchinni almost any way but this is the best use I've found for it. Oh, my goodness! It is addictive! 8 cloves of garlic is pretty potent. Just right for us but anyone stepping in the room can smell it!"