- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 French bread baguette, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Olive Zucchini Spread
Sort By :
I substitute 2 cans Cannelinii beans for the cream cheese. I pureed the beans in a food processor using a bit of the liquid from the veggie mixture and a splash of extra olive oil for richness . This variation made it this a non-dairy, gluten -free, vegan and delicious.
Made it a few times, always turned out great,
I only used 1 pkg, of cheese & 1 cup zucchini, the rest the same, except 4 cloves of garlic.
I even loved the leftovers, great on bread!
Fantastic! I love Garlic but if you are serving this to a large group of people 4 cloves may be a better amount.
I like zuchinni almost any way but this is the best use I've found for it. Oh, my goodness! It is addictive! 8 cloves of garlic is pretty potent. Just right for us but anyone stepping in the room can smell it!
This will make your taste buds perk up and try to figure out what kind of ingredients are in this spread.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >