Olive Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 15 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Brush oil over dough; sprinkle with garlic salt. Spread with a thin layer of salad dressing. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over dressing. Layer with tomatoes, green pepper, onion, olives and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt, basil, oregano, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 24 slices.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 151 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Olive Veggie Pizza
"Delicious! I loved this pizza! The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms."
"AWESOME! You wouldn't think that this mix of ingredients would make a great pizza, but it does! I recommend going to your local pizza place to get pizza dough."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.