My grandmother taught both me and my mom this appetizer recipes. We always serve at Christmas and Thanksgiving. The stuffing is so yummy that even if you don't normally care for the ingredients on their own, you'll love the end result.Stacy Powell, Santa Fe, Texas
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 dill pickle spear plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 3 sweet pickles plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 6 pitted ripe olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Finely chop the pickles and olives; set aside. In a small bowl, beat
- the cream cheese, Miracle Whip, juices and salt until blended. Stir
- in the pickles, olives and pecans.
- Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the
- corner of the bag; pipe or stuff into celery sticks. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 61 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.