Olive-Rice Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salad dressing, basil and pepper until smooth. Stir in the rice, carrot, chives and olives.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with almonds. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 85 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.