Olive Pinwheel Bread Recipe
This attractive well-seasoned loaf from Barbara Manfra of Saugus, Massachusetts is perfect for parties but easy enough to prepare for every day. For extra flavor, stir in chunks of provolone cheese.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1. Unroll pizza dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and olives. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- 2. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before cutting. Yield: 1 loaf (10 slices).
One slice equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC