Olive Pinwheel Bread
This attractive well-seasoned loaf from Barbara Manfra of Saugus, Massachusetts is perfect for parties but easy enough to prepare for every day. For extra flavor, stir in chunks of provolone cheese.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Unroll pizza dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Brush with
- oil; sprinkle with rosemary and olives. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- before cutting. Yield: 1 loaf (10 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.