Olive Orange Salad
This easy side salad is fancy enough to serve to dinner guests, but quick enough to make during the week. It pairs well with spicy meals, like blackened fish or pasta with zesty sausage. Carol Gaus - Elk Grove Village, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 medium navel oranges
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 6 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Peel and cut each orange widthwise into three slices. Place lettuce
- leaves on individual salad plates. Top with orange slices and onion.
- Sprinkle with olives; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.