Olive-Onion Cheese Squares Recipe
This rich appetizer goes a long way so it's perfect for potlucks and parties. I've relied on this recipe for more than 20 years, and it hasn't failed me yet!
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the warm water, butter, egg and chives until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, onions and olives; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/4-in. squares; serve warm. Yield: 8 dozen.
2 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Olive-Onion Cheese Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC