Olive-Onion Cheese Squares Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the warm water, butter, egg and chives until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, onions and olives; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/4-in. squares; serve warm. Yield: 8 dozen.
2 squares equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.