Olive-Onion Cheese Bread Recipe
This luscious cheese bread will have your guests reaching for more. The cheese, onions, and olives make this bread a delicious and flavorful appetizer. —Amy Voights, Brodhead, Wisconsin
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with cheese mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each half into eight slices. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 369 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC