- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each half into eight slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Olive-Onion Cheese Bread
"Delicious!! Amazing recipe.....really tasty and can be adjusted to add or subtract your family's favorite ingredients. We loved the green onions, mushrooms and olives. Next time may use fresh mushrooms and add some chopped sweet onions. Thinking of making as an appetizers for Thanksgiving this year and cutting into small slices. Yum!"
"Only used 1/2 cup of butter. Yummy bread! Lots of topping! (enough for another half loaf). I'll try it with less mayonnaise next time, as that seemed to stand out unnecessarily."
"I added chop marinated artichokes that was good too I also make it earlier let it cool slice smaller put it on a heating tray 20 min before company so it's not so messy excellent"
"One of my party staples- it does make a ton of topping though, so you can either half it or get extra bread. Super good with soup."
"So good!had many compliments with this recipe.thanks for posting"
"excellent flavor and easy to make. Great appetizer!"
"Very good and agree with others to half recipe for one loaf!"
"This is delicious! I make half the amount of topping and it is sufficient. One of my favoite snacks. I like to make it on short wide loaves rather than longer narrower loaves but both are wonderful."
"It's a party favorite at my house! Everyone loves it. I agree it is enough for 2 loaves. Broiling it for the last few minutes makes it so you do not have to overbake it. Have made it many times, expect to make it many more!"
"Love this. Even people who do not like olives love it. I put green olives in it as well for more flavor and cut the butter and mayo in half. agree with broiling to brown tops."