Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta Recipe
Classic American mashed potatoes takes a turn to Italy with the flavors of olive oil, garlic, and pancetta. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook for 1 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with remaining oil. Stir in the parsley, pancetta mixture, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC