Classic American mashed potatoes takes a turn to Italy with the flavors of olive oil, garlic, and pancetta. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook for 1 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with remaining oil. Stir in the parsley, pancetta mixture, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p37
Reviews for Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review